As a strategic business partner, you act as the proactive strategic partner to enhance business performance, improvement and growth.
What are you going to do?
As Global Business Controller at Enza Zaden, you will work in a highly innovative and rapidly changing international environment. The Global Business Controller reports to the Global Manager Business Control and is a pro-active business partner for and member of the functional Management Team for Marketing & Sales.
In this position, you are actively involved in shaping and implementing the business strategy to drive and enhance business performance. You provide strategic input with a focus on value creation, improvement and growth. Furthermore, you will manage and support the planning & control cycle and conduct and prepare financial analyses. You will support and prepare business cases. Within Enza Zaden you will be challenged to develop yourself and to extend your knowledge and skills. It is key to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with your network.
The ideal candidate has a Master-degree, complemented with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in Controlling and Business Partnering. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the right drive and ambition to make a career within this growing company.Main tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategy development and implementation thereof;
- Be a pro-active linking-pin between business and function;
- Sparring partner for CFO, Manager Global BC and Functional Management on the financial and business performance of the global function and relevant board members for their responsibilities;
- Create financial business plans for investments and/or long-term contracts;
- Analyze and create monthly performance review & governance cycle;
- Manage and support the planning & control cycle, which includes a best in class reporting, budgeting and forecasting process across regions, countries, business lines, crops and crop segments;
- Give input to periodic review of performance & financial indicators of the global function;
- Contribute to mergers & acquisition processes.
- Master degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Controlling, Business Partnering positions or managing Senior Stakeholders;
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills;
- Challenge people in the organisation to continuously improve on strategic performance;
- Strong communication skills as exposed to senior people;
- Sensitive to cultural differences;
- Curious, innovative, looking for challenges, self-confident;
- Fluent in English;
- Ambition to challenge yourself and grow within the company.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. In order to explain this properly (and as briefly as possible) we have made an animation
For more than 80 years we are working with the best that nature offers. We support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
The results? Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
Our strength? More than 2000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, we continuously invest in knowledge and skills with our Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive we organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Our head office in Enkhuizen is our home base, but we have colleagues throughout the world. Enza Zaden is an independent family company in which some 2,000 employees from over 40 nationalities spread across 6 continents work together closely in international teams.
For additional information regarding this position you can contact the office of Staan in Amsterdam.Rogier Schatens
; 06 55724253 or via email@example.com
If you are interested please provide your CV, motivation and salary indication.