Building on the crop strategy in Open Field/Leafy and Tomato groups as a Global Portfoliogroup Manager
Wat ga je doen?
Due to expansion of our Global Portfolio Management Team, we are hiring for several crops/ cropgroups.
You are a real visionair when it comes to global portfolio management in the agricultural industry.
You create partnerships and alignment with the (global) cross-functional teams and together you develop strategic business plans and marketing initiatives. In doing so, you help accelerate our strategic growth in the vegetable seed industry. This role requires a passion for leadership, product management, marketing, creativity, and strategic thinking in optimizing Enza Zaden’s Crop Strategy.
As a Global Portfoliogroup Manager, you will strengthen the global position for the group of Open Field/Leafy and Tomato crops by positioning and pricing our genetics on a strategic level and managing the life cycle of the global commercial variety portfolio.
You will have a broad market understanding, make data-driven decisions and align R&D, Seed Operations, and Sales to optimize profits. You will analyze sales budgets and forecasts to ensure that they are in line with the strategic plans.
You will also be a key person to understand and translate market demand to cross-functional teams to develop a strong portfolio in some key segments in crops. You will maintain close contact with different departments and you will be part of international, multidisciplinary teams. You will support the sales team globally with the introduction strategy of varieties and you will visit international trial locations in order to support the decision-making progress and processes.
Your main responsibilities are;
- Own the global portfolio group roadmap and be able to synthesize multiple inputs into a clear portfolio group vision and strategy;
- Maximize market share, turnover, and gross margin in close co-operation with Regional Sales Directors and Sales Managers;
- Analyse sales and sales forecasts as input for strategic decisions;
- Give input to the global Marketing & Sales plan and Crop Strategic plans and make sure these plans are aligned;
- Motivate, guide and coach a motivated and driven global portfolio team by translating strategic plans into tactical and operational action plans (short- and midterm);
- Ensure the execution and implementation of the tactical and operational action plans;
- Engage deeply with seed operations, marketing & sales, researchers, data scientists, and other technical leaders to evaluate product concepts and new technologies.
The strong communications, network, and management skills you bring help you to build solid relations between the total product portfolio group. You enjoy building strategies and bringing structure to fast-paced environments.
You know how to guide the implementation of innovations and takes initiative. Thanks to your experience you recognize opportunities and make an impact. Your long-term vision on building a successful product portfolio is of great value to the future of Enza Zaden.
Your focus is to develop long-term business relationships, both within and outside our international organization. You are able to adapt yourself to the situation, make well-thought decisions and support your team. You are able to build a cross-functional team.
Furthermore, you are an analytical expert who can successfully align with the internal stakeholders driving continuous improvement. You are willing to travel frequently.
In short you;
- Have a master degree, preferably in Agribusiness;
- Have at least 9-12 years working experience as a manager in the agribusiness;
- Have strong (people) management skills;
- Are an open personality, comfortable working in a complex and international environment;
- Are a real motivator on product marketing innovation and process optimization;
- Have strong data analysis and interpretation capacity;
- Are proficient in the English language.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. In order to explain this properly (and as briefly as possible) we have made an animation
For more than 80 years we are working with the best that nature offers. We support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
The results? Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
Our strength? More than 2000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, we continuously invest in knowledge and skills with our Enza Academy and under the flag of EnzActive we organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Our head office in Enkhuizen is our home base, but we have colleagues throughout the world. Enza Zaden is an independent family company in which some 2,000 employees from over 40 nationalities spread across 6 continents work together closely in international teams.
Martine Rook, Corporate Recruiter, +31 6 5522 0474
Please, send your application to our HR department, via the button on the website.
And let us know for what specific crop segment your applying for.