What are you going to do?
As a Compliance Officer / Legal Counsel you will work closely with the Global Manager Compliance to whom you will directly report. Together you will develop, execute and promote the global legal compliance strategy. You will work closely with experts from the Legal department, Finance, Tax, Risk & Audit to ensure that the company can maintain their growth, by complying with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements, internal policies and procedures. You are responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks as well as assisting in the management and monitoring of these risks.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Co-development, review, update or implementation of global legal compliance policies and procedures, such as the Business Ethics Code, Speak Up! procedure, third part due diligence procedures, the Competition Law policy and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy;
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of these legal compliance policies and procedures, including drafting supporting training materials;
- Support the Global Manager Compliance with the periodic progress reporting to the General Counsel, Integrity Committee, Audit Committee and/or BoD regarding the progress of the legal compliance program and investigations;
- Execution of global internal audits;
- Co-development of training sessions to internal stakeholders on a global level, to create awareness and commitment. to all Compliance policies;
- Motivate and engage internal stakeholders to actively implement, promote and support Enza Zaden’s Compliance program;
- Responsible for the organization, planning and timely execution and analysis of (multidisciplinary) processes and proposing improvements.
In short, you;
- have have a Master degree in law. At least 5 years PQE, preferably with some compliance experience in an international business environment;
- have knowledge of corporate laws and regulations (globally);
- are fluent in English and a good command of Dutch;
- are enthusiastic, driven and have good communication and analytical skills;
- are willing to travel internationally from time to time;
- have the ability to act as an ambassador for the 'Doing Good Business' compliance program and inspire stakeholders to live up to this program.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. And produces and sells its seeds all over the world. We have made an animation
to explain to you properly (and as briefly as possible) what we do.
The purpose of our work? To offer everyone worldwide access to healthy and varied vegetables. With more than 2500 passionate colleagues all over the world, we work together every day on the vegetables of tomorrow.
Would you like to know more about Enza Zaden as an employer? Then take a look at the Careers & Learning page
or view our page on LinkedIn
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, e-mail; email@example.com). Discretion is guaranteed.