Run your own Onion program as a Senior Breeder! Are you up for the challenge?
What are you going to do?
As a Senior Breeder - Onion in New Zealand, you will be responsible for targeting important Onion crop segments with links to the whole onion world. You will manage the local breeding program, manage Field trials and analyse breeding data to translate them into practical breeding objectives. Furthermore, you'll interact with the local industries, agricultural governing bodies, academia and other research institutes nationally and abroad. To summarize, you are the face of the EZ Global Onion Program in New Zealand.
As part of the international onion team, you will travel to other countries to work together with colleagues and share your knowledge. You create a long-term vision and strategy based on the latest research and market developments.
- You are an experienced breeder and know how to manage a breeding program;
- You are not afraid to take on a challenge;
- You are a natural leader and have great communication skills;
- You have a Master’s degree in Plant Breeding.
Who are we?
Breeding to feed the world! That’s our goal as an international vegetable breeding organization. Simply said, this means we develop new vegetable varieties. Our assortment consists of 1,200 different varieties across dozens of diverse crops; from bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce to bitter gourd, bird’s eyes chillies and of course Onions. Enza Zaden produces the seeds of these vegetable varieties and sells them worldwide. To give you an idea: each year 20 Billion lettuce plants are produced globally from Enza Zaden seeds.
Even though we are an international company with more than 2,000 employees worldwide, we still are an independent family business, which clearly shows in our business culture. You easily feel right at home and your ideas are always valued. Entrepreneurship, teamwork, and taking responsibility are central values to our mission, and our employees are the heart and soul of the organization.
In short, we offer:
- The autonomy to run your own research program in conjunction with the international team;
- An international experience with access to innovative equipment;
- Room to grow professionally and personally through the Great to Grow program;
- Enthusiastic colleagues and an open, informal company culture;
- An exciting position with a market based salary and excellent working conditions.
Do you see yourself taking up the challenge of working in an international environment and running your own research program? Let us know! Send your application to us via the Apply Now! button.
For more details, please contact:
Ka Kyung Langstadt
Global Recruitment Manager0031655225507k.email@example.comLinkedIn profile